Instructions for Session Chairs
As a session Chair, you are responsible for the time management of the presentations within your session, as well as for the facilitation of the Panel Discussion.
- Familiarize yourself with your session’s presentations ahead of time. You may see the Congress program here.
- Please make sure to take a look at your session’s content onsite for any last minute changes.
- Plan to arrive at your session at least 5-10 minutes before the start time.
- Introduce yourself to the audience, giving the name of the session and ask people to take their seats.
- Ask people to set all cell phones on silent.
- Briefly introduce each speaker and presentation title as indicated in the program.
- Strictly adhere to the schedule relating to the order of speakers, start and end times of each talk. This is very important for the Congress, as we must be fair to allow all speakers their allotted time.
- After the last presentation in the session, open the floor for questions from the audience. The delegates can use the microphones in the halls to ask their questions, or they can use the WHAHC app and submit questions online.
- Please consider questions from both the microphones and the app.
- Please prepare questions for the sparkers, in case there are no questions from the delegates straight away.
- At the end of the session, kindly thank the presenters and the audience for their participation and inform them what activities will be taking place next.
We thank you for your important contribution to the success of the Congress!